(Mon. May 17, 2010) News From Shadow Play Entertainment
Since January 2010, clients of Shadow Play Entertainment have appeared in over 50 stories online and in print as well as on radio and tv programs. With Spring here and Summertime approaching, Shadow Play President Cyrus Webb is excited about what is in the works for the rest of the year as well as things yet to come. In this newsletter you will get a snapshot of current activities and ongoing projects.
* Shadow Play Entertainment’s pride and joy, Conversations LIVE! Radio, is gearing up for its 7th year of interviews and discussions in July 2010. To prepare, the program is taking a hiatus beginning Monday, June 7, 2010 until Friday, June 25, 2010. When the program returns it will continue to host Chef Bruce Tretter’s “Quick and Easy Cooking”, Herschel Dixon’s “Weekly Sports Wrap-Up” and Gail Ambeau’s “Fashion Forward”. New to the line-up will be an exciting new program called “Inspirational Conversations” with Cyrus Webb and co-host Mary Gilder, author of A MISREPRESENTATION OF MYSELF. It will air live on Sunday mornings at 10:30a.m. EST (9:30a.m. CST/7:30a.m. PT) and include a musical selection, words of inspiration for the week by Gilder and either a guest or book selection from Webb.
Newark author Mary E. Gilder has spun a fascinating romance, set in Chicago, for her debut book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Ms. Gilder’s book. I found the book to be a quick read simply because once I was into the world Ms. Gilder has created, I could not put the book down. I know that is an old cliche, but it fits this time. I think that you will enjoy, “A Misrepresentation of Myself,” as well.
-Robert A. Garfinkle -TRI-CITY VOICE News Paper
• EKG Literary Magazines, featured author for January 2010
• Conversations LIVE Radio, Selected novel as 1 of 50 best fictions for 2009
• San Diego Board of Library Commissioners, on January 30th, author was honored with a medal for novels’ Literary Achievements
• Expressions and Circle of Friends Book Clubs, hosted Black Tie dinner to honor authors Literary Achievements
Media Acclaim and Literary Buzz:
• “With her debut novel, A Misrepresentation of Myself, author Mary E. Gilder enters the literary arena ready to show the world she not only belongs but will be around for quite some time.”
—Cyrus Webb, Host of Conversations Live Radio
• “A Misrepresentation of Myself…beautifully show cases the author as a literary artist.”
—Chandra Taylor, Staff Writer, San Diego Voice and Viewpoint
• “A Terrific debut novel!”
—Jada Temple EKG Literary Magazine
• “This year the author is named Mary E. Gilder and her book is titled “A Misrepresentation of Myself.” It is doing very well.”
—San Francisco Bay View
• “Critics have hailed her writing style as “exciting” and exclaimed that her novel” holds you hostage until…[it] unfolds”.
— Forney Johnson, Staff Writer, San Diego Monitor
• “Mary Gilder is an exciting new writer with a wonderful passion for storytelling. A Misrepresentation of Myself, captures the readers’ attention and holds you hostage until the love triangle unfolds-she keeps you turning pages!”
—Renay Jackson, Bestselling author of the Oaktown Murder Mysteries
• “Candidly written and entertaining, the writer manages to uncover some of the most intriguing mysteries of a woman and what she really wants…This book will inspire the reader on a quest for self reflection and a higher awareness of her true self.”
—Heidi Moran (Columbia, MO)
• “Each person who reads this novel can definitely relate to and compare it to her own relationship or marriage…This book was a joy to read.”
—Sistah Deniece of Sistah Friend Book Club
• “Misrepresentation of Myself was a quick and enjoyable read which leaves the reader looking in the mirror…Ms. Gilder’s characters could easily have been anyone of us as we relate in our marriages and relationships. I loved watching Zolla grow and the powerful Maxwell Garrison stay true to his self. Thank you for a grown folk book.”
—Missy Book Club (Chicago, IL)
• “A Misrepresentation of Myself, by author Mary Gilder, takes off from page one and continues to mesmerize the reader until the last page, by author Mary Gilder, takes off from page one and continues to mesmerize the reader until the last page!”
—Books and Beignets Book Club